Followers

Wednesday 23 March 2016

Masking Techniques at Woodware

Morning Everyone,
It is my turn to post over at Woodware this week where we are looking at Masking Techniques.
I have chosen a card that I made a while ago for one of the catalogues, but I think it shows off just what you can do with a bit of torn paper as a mask and some dye based ink.
 I have used the torn paper mask and pale blue ink to create some hills, or in this case snow drifts.
I also added a circle mask in the sky to create a moon/sun.
Having created the hills I then replaced the mask and stamped JGS397 Berries and Branches 1 using black ink so that it looks like bare trees peeping through the snow drifts.
I also sprinkled the background with some drops of water to resemble snowflakes which I then dried with a piece of kitchen paper.
The finishing touches are a trio of silver nailheads and a glitter glue border.
I hope that you are enjoying our posts on masking and thanks for stopping by.
Hugs Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx