Followers

Friday 5 December 2014

Countdown to Christmas - Day 5

Hi All,
Here we are at another weekend, and another day closer to Christmas Day. How scary is that.
I hope that you are all well prepared unlike me who has done nothing, apart from make my Christmas cards.
I am off to Tipton with the Grandchildren later today so I really hope that it doesn't get too cold.
This card was actually made during my holiday at SirStampalot earlier last month, and was left for them to display in the shop.
The Tree has been stamped and embossed in black and then sponged with several blue dye based inks.
The right hand side of the panel has been dry embossed using a 'dotty' embossing folder and then a blue dye based ink pad has been swiped across the dots to highlight them.
The snowflake circles have been painted with thin undiluted bleach.
This tree has been stamped and embossed in white on to a piece of paper created using my Creative Palette, some dye based inks and bubble wrap.
I have added tiny pearls to the centre of some of the snowflake circles, and also a suitably snowy sentiment.
I do love creating backgrounds like this, it is such fun. So much for using them all up though, the pile just keeps getting bigger and bigger .....................because what would it look like with this colour combo, and what if I tried this stamp, or that stencil. The permutations are endless.
Now I must go and pack my backpack ready for my trip with the kids. I have already had a lecture from my Boss about wearing flat shoes and not falling over, can't risk any more broken bones lol.
Happy Crafting and hugs
Kimx

1 comment:

  1. Wow Kim, you have the best Christmas stamps, these are just gorgeous! Stunning colours and your backgrounds are incredible! Time to put up your tree and watch a Christmas movie! big hugs :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx