Followers

Wednesday 10 December 2014

Countdown to Christmas - Day 10 This one is for you Mary

Hi All
I hope that I am forgiven for the non Christmas cards today, but December is also full of birthdays so I have lots of cards to share.
I'm off out tonight as we have a double celebration at work.
It is our Christmas get together, and also the Boss's birthday. It also happens to be the birthday of one of my colleague's Other Half so lots of reasons to celebrate.
This card was actually made after a recent class that I taught using Alcohol inks.
I had shown them the acetate technique (see here) and after stamping on her panel with stazon ink Mary was about to throw her piece into the bin since the trees (Woodware stamp Kim's Copice) had not stamped out very well.
Now you know my motto ' It's never a mistake it's always an opportunity......' so I told her that I would do my best to 'rescue it' as it was just too nice a panel to throw away.
It looks to me like you are viewing the trees through leafy branches, very autumnal, and perfect for a Man's card..
I layered the panel over my favourite Hobby Art birthday sentiment and added some die cut birds on a wire.
Mary had tried to stamp the trees at the other end of her piece of acetate, and this hadn't stamped out properly either.
I foolishly forget to take a before picture, so you will have to take my word for the fact that this panel looked the same as the one above when I started to make the card.
This time I stamped and embossed the trees on to a piece of white cardstock, and then mounted the acetate panel directly over the top making sure to line the images up exactly.
I added some tiny brads to keep the panel in place and then mounted the whole thing onto a piece of kraft card dry embossed with a fabulous leaf folder.
I suspect that there will be a few hangovers being nursed tomorrow, which is probably why the Boss has put us Girls in charge since none of us are drinkers lol.
Better go and get my glad rags on.
Bye for now, have a great evening.
Hugs Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx