Followers

Tuesday 30 October 2012

I'm nearly too late to the challenge

Evening Everyone
Long time no blog. I hope that you are all well.
I'm sorry that I have been missing for a while but pills and me don't mix. I would make an absolutely rubbish junkie lol.
I am suffering badly with my Sciatica and have gone from taking no pills at all to rattling!! As a consequence I am finding it hard to sit for any length of time and when I do I hope you will understand that making a card takes priority over blogging about one.
So please forgive me if I haven't stopped by to see you lately, and if I haven't left you a comment when you have entered the challenges that I am on the DT for, I aim to do better starting now, but please don't hold me to it :O)
I can't believe how late I am with this card, and it has taken me all day to write the post itself.
The challenge at The Stampman is nearly finished for this month, but don't forget to stop back again on Thursday for the start of a new one.
This is the card that I made for the current challenge where we were looking for Butterflies, Birds and Bees.
I used the Stampendous Cling Bird Frame CRP126 for the main image and Artemio Manuscript Background clear set 10001048 on the background paper.
The central panel has been sponged with Distress ink pads - Scattered Straw and Iced Spruce, and the musical score was stamped using Pumice Stone.
The background papers are all from Woodware and were also used to create the flowers using punches.
I added a strip of background paper across the middle of the card which has been punched using a Martha Stewart border punch. I also added some gingham ribbon and pearls.
The birds have been painted with thin undiluted bleach to remove some of the colour and then I added a little stardust pen to highlight.
I had better post this now before another day goes past and the new challenge starts.
I also need to take some more pain killers so I will probably start to talk gibberish lol.
Gentle hugs to All
Kimx

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful colour combinations... do hope the pain gives you some peace soon.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colours of this card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work, Kim. Love the "Iced Spruce" distress ink, and the composition. Hope your sciatica soon improves. Jenny B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow Kim, this is stunning. I love the vibrancy of the background and the image, all toned down beautifully with the soft browns immediately beneath the image.

    Lin xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx