Followers

Sunday 3 June 2012

When is a Splash a Poppy??

Evening Everyone,
I hope that you are having a wonderful Bank Holiday weekend, despite the awful weather.
I have been very busy again today. I seem to be on a creative roll at the moment, but I confess to being a very bad Brit as I haven't seen a single minute of footage on the Jubilee celebrations!!! I've been too busy crafting.
I did catch Barbara, the Queen of Brayering, on the box this morning so I guess that is royalty of a sort lol. And didn't she say some nice things about my cards.
I have to say that the one that caused the most comment was one of my favourites in the bunch, and so easy to do. It was made from the 'splash' that went with the swimmers.
I inked the stamp using a red Promarker and then drew over the image again freehand once it had been stamped onto the small white card. After doing this I added the black centre using an embossing pen and clear embossing powder.
The stems were added using a green promarker, and I also added a greeting and a stitched border with a fine black pen.
I have to work tomorrow, so at least I will get to see a newspaper and catch up on everything that I have missed today.
Off to bed now.
Night night.
Hugs Kimx

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kim,
    I have to say I love it you always think outside the box and it always works :)
    You have made some fab cards since I last looked your mojo is working overtime.....
    I am well jell lol!
    Hugs
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So clever Kim. Love the whole design of this card - trust you to see something different in a stamp. Thanks for sharing, hugs Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is genius!!! LOVE the gorgeous use of the stamps--I LOVE seeing people use images for things that aren't the "original" intention!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card - I love the effect of the stamped flower.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx