Followers

Tuesday 3 April 2012

A field of Tulips for Mandy

Evening Everyone,
I don't know what it's been like your way but we have certainly been doing our bit for the water table here. It's been pouring, but I expect that it is the 'wrong type of rain', you know what the water board are like lol.
I told you I was in love with a new stamp, well here it is again!
I just love this Fields of Tulips clear stamp by Woodware. It is a large stamp so it was perfect for the card that Lorraine wanted for her friend Mandy. Lorraine does like BIG cards, so I keep a stock of 8 inch square blank cards at the ready.
The Tulips have been stamped and embossed onto watercolour card which I have then coloured with distress inks.
I also stamped the image onto several pieces of background paper from my stash which I have then cut out and used to paper piece the flowers and leaves.
The butterflies were shaped with an embossing tool before they were added to the card.
The flowers are cut out using a selection of DooHickeys and a Cherry Lynn swirl. I also added some ribbon and lace as well as a punched border strip.
I always enjoy making cards for Lorraine.

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges
Creative Card Crew - Challenge No 7 Spring. I think tulips definitely count lol
The Crazy Challenge - challenge 113 Spring

I think it has finally stopped raining here, so lets hope that it doesn't turn really cold like they have been threatening or I will be skating to work tomorrow.
Better get to bed now.
Night night.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Kim

    Lovely cards as always.

    I just wanted to let you know that I have awarded you the Liebster Award for your fantastic blog and I love all your cards and inspitation you post. Please accept the award and collect it from my site. Hugs Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Kim, just shows how an image can look different in other colours. Lovely.
    Take care
    Hugs
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Kim. Love the paper piecing on the otherwise quite plain tulips, it really gives them a lift and makes them like an exotic flower! Gorgeous design.

    Lin xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic card Kim! Love the colours and all the extra bits... love it all. Hope you had a good Easter. Françoisex

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card..I like your tulips and your original design..Thank you for joing us at CCH113 "SPRING" this week! Hugs! Krassi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx