Followers

Tuesday 12 July 2011

A brayered background

Evening
Wow, isn't the first day back after a holiday hard. I always seem to have to play catch up on all those things that apparently only I can do lol.
One of the main reasons for my few days away was to spend last Saturday teaching a lovely group of ladies who call themselves the Camstampers. They meet once a month in Offord D'Arcy and I was invited to join them by Ellen who I first met at Sirstampalot some time ago.
They provided me with numerous cups of coffee and a lovely lunch and I in turn taught them three separate techniques.
One of the things that they had specifically asked that I cover was brayering. Barbara Grey I am not. As you can see I have not yet perfected the 'flick' and therefore get lines in my backgrounds.
The main brayered panel has been created using a big and juicy ink pad and screwed up copy paper. I have then stamped and embossed Hobby Art Just for You and Hero Arts Leaf Cluster across the panel in black.
By cutting the panel into three before mounting it onto co-ordinating background papers I have helped to disguise the lines, I hope :)
As Julie Hickey always taught me ' It's never a mistake, it's always an opportunity!'
I have also used a Martha Stewart border punch and a Magnolia DooHickey to embellish the panels.
Well I was pleased with it, and the ladies seemed to enjoy themselves so that really is all that counts.
Off to bed now. Nite nite
Love and hugs
Kimx

1 comment:

  1. You do like your Hobby Art words, do you have them all? lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx