Followers

Saturday 26 March 2011

Where has time gone..................

Morning Ladies,
I can't believe that I have been here in Peterboro for a whole week, and that I go home tonight :(
I have had a wonderful time, as I always do.
This is another of the cards that I made in the Faux Mother of Pearl class on Wednesday evening. I found the technique on a website called Splitcoast Stampers. It is a fabulous place for ideas, galleries and tutorials.
It is difficult to show the pearl effect in my photographs, I don't have a lighting pod or anything so I do my best, but if you click on the link there are pictorial and video tutorials. I hope this helps Debbie :) 
I've used Twinkling H2O's to colour the flowers here. Who said Poppies had to be red?
I have also painted around the poppies on this card so the technique doesn't show up as well in the background.
I must get back to some more playing, I need to make the most of the next few hours.
Happy Crafting
Kimx

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kim
    Love both of these cards, the colours are fab.
    Thanks so much for the tip on where I can find the faux mother of pearl technique, I will head off over there right now!
    I go once a month to a workshop over in Gosport and I told the lady Kate, who runs it, what fantastic workshops you do, be great if you could hold one of them over there! I am sure the ladies who go would love to learn your lovely techinques etc.
    Take care
    Hugs
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim
    I've checked out the Splitcoast Stampers and their tutorial on the Faux Mother of Pearl technique is great, thank you! I shall get some of the pearl metallic paint and definitely give it a whirl!
    Take care
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx