Followers

Thursday 8 July 2010

For the Gardeners out there.

Evening Everyone.
As promised here is the card that I made for my friend at work.
As I said before it is not the sort of card that I would usually make for a man, but I was really pleased with the results.
I ran it past my Sin-in-Law who agreed that lots of men are gardeners and therefore like flowers so why would it matter. Sorry Mags this is probably a bit flowery for you, but I hope you like it anyway :)
I did go for a more masculine colour theme, and once again used one of my favourite stamps Penny Black 3939K Queen Anne's Lace.
The main stamped panel was created using my distress ink pads and a bit of Glimmer Mist, I'm afraid that doesn't show up in the photograph.
Most of the flowers were hand made, although I did add a couple from my stash, along with some punched leaves.
The  greeting and name are from two separate clear stamp sets.
I do wish manufactures would add their details to the acetate that the stamps are stored on like Woodware do since as usual I have thrown away the packaging and can't remember who made the stamps - sorry.
A few gems, some cuttlebugged background paper and a peel-off complete the card.
I amazed myself this afternoon and had a good tidy up, after my granny nap lol. You can actually see my desk. It just doesn't look right so I will have to work on it tomorrow and get it back to normal - total chaos!!!!
Hope you had a good day and weren't too hot.
Thanks for stopping by, do tell me what you think of the card.
Love Kimx

3 comments:

  1. Stunning, wonderful work Kim.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely beautiful. I love the colour scheme, the background, the flowers, well, everything about it really.

    PS. Did your friend like it?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She did thank you Lynn, in fact she now wants me to make a card for her niece lol
    Love Kimx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx