Followers

Tuesday 18 November 2014

Just a note.....to cheer you up.

Hi All
I have recently had the need to send a card to cheer someone up, so of course I picked some flower stamps.
 This first card was actually made a number of years ago for a Q and A in a magazine.
I stamped and embossed the bunch of flowers (I think that it is a Stampendous stamp) onto white card stock and then sponged the image with dye based inks.
After painting the leaves and flowers with thin undiluted bleach I covered the whole thing with crystal embossing powder which gives a wonderful sparkly finish. I'm not sure that it shows up very well here though.
I tore around the image to leave a nice white edge and then mounted it over some strips of torn paper. The final embellishment is some peel-off squares.
The second card has been sent to cheer up my Uncle and was made using the Embossed Resist technique and some Penny Black flowers.
I inked the floral image using assorted Cat's Eye pigment inks. After stamping and embossing this first image I stamped it again to the side of the original but without re-inking the stamp.
The final step is 'Just a Note' randomly stamped and embossed in black over the entire panel.
I trimmed and mounted the panel onto come co-ordinating card stock and then finished it off with some peel-off lines.
I hope that my cards will bring a smile to the faces of a couple of worthy people. They should last a little bit longer than a bunch of flowers.
Maybe they will brighten your day as well.
Happy Crafting.
Hugs Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx