Followers

Wednesday 9 May 2012

A sketch at 52(Christmas) Card Throwdown


Evening everyone,
I'm back with another card made using the wonderful Decoupage stamps from Imagination Crafts.
I got wise this weekend and decided that I would try and link my sample making to a few challenges. Kill two birds with one stone so to speak :)
This card was made to enter into the challenge at 52(Christmas) Card Throwdown where this week they have a sketch for you to follow.
I love following this blog. It has been the major influence on my ever growing stash of Christmas cards, and I have been lucky enough to get Top Honor a couple of times and several Honourable Mentions including last week.
Thank you so much Guys I feel truly honoured.
The stamped and embossed image on this card has once again been coloured using the Watercolour technique that I will be demoing at the Happy Stampers show in Port Sunlight on Saturday.
I love colouring in this way and it works so well with the Mica Palettes. This one uses the Vintage Palette which has to be my favourite.
I have added some glossy accents to the berries on the main panel and bleach to the holly leaves on the burgundy card stock in the background.
I'm sorry if you are suffering from 'Decoupage overload' at the moment but I am just having way too much fun playing and it would seem rude not to share lol.
Hugs Kimx

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Kim! GORGEOUS effect you've created on the image--so pretty!!! Fabulous use of the sketch, too! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shades of color in card is great you might try it with simple color.
    Clear Business Cards
    Scratch Cards
    Printed Gift Cards

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the gorgeous colours on this Kim - fabulous. Thanks for joining in again at 52CCT - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx