Followers

Saturday 3 September 2011

A celebration of Womanhood

Hi All
Working in a multi cultural environment as I do I am constantly learning new things about the traditions of those I work with.
Today there is to be a party for my boss's daughter. She has entered puberty and they are having a party to celebrate.
I'm not sure that my Granddaughter would like to follow the same lead up to the party if we were of a similar cultural background.
They cancelled their holiday as the young lady is not allowed out of the house for a week. In fact in Sri Lanka she wouldn't have been allowed out of her room for three days!!!.
Now what do you give a girl for an occasion such as this?? I'm not sure that there is an appropriate card.
I remember that she was a little jealous of her sister when I made a card for her, so I figured that a girly card with her name on might just fit the bill.
Thank goodness for my Lili of the Valley die cut designs Girly Afternoon. Where would I be without these when I need to make a card in a hurry.
I cut the image out using one of my oval nesties and then layered it over a piece of background paper using a different nestie. The circular flowers have been made from the same purple background paper and then I added a mix of shop bought flowers and some punched leaves.
Ledshajini's name has been stamped with a small alphabet set that I have and then each letter has been punched out and added to the bottom of the card.
A bit of ribbon, some swirls and pearls and there you have it.
I hope she approves.
Don't forget to tune in to Create and Craft tomorrow morning to watch Barbara and her brayer.
There are some superb stamp sets again this month, I had great fun working on the samples.
Hope you are having a good weekend.
Happy Crafting
Love Kimx

1 comment:

  1. Hi!there Kim,thanks so much for visiting me and will try to pop in and see you.
    Not forgot those yummy fabrics you left for me at SS-thank you :0)
    Your card is very gorgeous,really pretty colours and the image is lovely too.
    Hope your not too busy,
    take care.hugs Lou.xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx