Followers

Tuesday 11 January 2011

Patient Mummies

Evening All, I hope that you have all had a good day.
I really liked this 'Mummy' stamp when I first saw it, but as I don't really do Halloween I gave it a miss, well you do have to draw the line sometimes don't you lol.
Then I saw a card made by Mandy G and a whole new world of possibilities opened up.
It became a most appropriate stamp when I needed to make a card for my youngest daughter Becki who has just started her nursing placement on a surgical ward.
I do hope that she doesn't get chased through the wards, Zombie like, by her patients, although as she has always had a liking for horror movies I'm sure it wouldn't phase her in the slightest.
There wasn't much to paint, so I added colour with the card stock and flowers. Very blood and bandages I know, but as B pointed out it will go with her bedroom, also black and red !!!!!!!!!!!
It's amazing what you can find when you rummage through your bits box - who knew that I had a nurses cap lurking in the bottom of a box.
The stamps Mummy Edwin and Good Luck  are both by Magnolia and are available from Sir Stampalot, as is the Martha Stewart punch and black flower. All of the other bits and pieces are from my stash.
I can't believe this, four posts in three days, I'm not sure if I can keep this up but I will certainly try.
Better go now or I won't get anything else done.
Love and hugs
Kimx

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kim,
    I couldnt stop laughing when I saw this card it is just brilliant, what an excellent use of that stamp :)
    I knew you would take it to another level :)
    hope all is well with you and hope to catch up when you make it to SS.
    Hugs
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx