Followers

Monday 5 February 2018

Hobby Art Butterflies

Hello All,
Well I made it through a whole day at work.
I have to say that taking the week off to recover was probably the most sensible thing that I have done in a long time cause I actually feel better. (At least at the moment lol)
Here as promised a while ago are a couple more cards from Hobby Art Jenny's last TV show.
Sorry I didn't manage to get them on here earlier, still better late than never I suppose.
This time they feature the fabulous Butterfly set.
I decided that I wanted to use the largest of the butterflies as it makes such a wonderful focal point. I die cut the corner out of a piece of black card stock using one of Tim Holtz ornate corners.
Having trimmed the panel I gently applied gilding wax and a stamped and embossed sentiment before adding the panel to a white card base.
The butterflies have all been stamped and embossed in black and then sponged with dye based inks.
This second card uses the same images only this time they are stamped and embossed in gold before applying the dye based inks and fussy cutting.
The background has been created using a fabulous 'vintage' embossing folder and black card stock.
Once again I used gilding wax to cover the whole of the background, only this time it was the excess wax that had dried on my craft mat reactivated with Stick Away from Crafters Companion.
Thank you Sheena for that little tip.
Because there were various colours of wax on the mat at the same time it has given the background a slightly muddy look, but I rather like the effect.
I sanded the card back after I had covered the whole thing with wax so that the black showed through.
I added the fussy cut and shaped butterflies using silicon glue along with a sentiment.
I think an early night is in order tonight. I don't want to overdo things.
I won't promise to be back tomorrow, but I will definitely try.
Happy Crafting and Hugs
Kimx

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx