Followers

Wednesday 13 December 2017

Christmas at CraftyCardmakers

Evening Everyone.
We started our final challenge of 2017 over at CCM on Monday, and rather appropriately our theme is Christmas.
I must admit that I have been reasonably good this year, and have made one or two Christmas cards each month. Not every month you understand, but then there were some months where I got quite carried away.
These first cards were all made using a sheet of Magnolia background paper from my stash.
I cut up the 12x12 sheet of paper and then sponged each section around the edges with Picket Fence Distress ink.
I wasn't happy with the coverage so I decided to add white embossing powder to give the panels a snowy feel.
I also stamped and embossed across the panels using one of the fabulous Inkspirational Borders from Phill Martin.
The Poinsettias have been stamped and embossed onto different colours of vellum,
 and then fussy cut and shaped,
before adding them to the cards with silicon.
I also added some die cut holly leaves and a sentiment from Hobby Art.
I had quite a few stamped and embossed flowers left over so I used them up on these last two cards.
This one uses a very useful ornate frame stamp, and a repeated sentiment.
 I also dry embossed a piece of green card, and added some gilding wax and distress ink.
Another stamped and die cut sentiment and some foliage were used to complete this last card.
I hope that are able to join in with our challenge HERE.
Please note this challenge runs until Friday December 22nd, instead of the usual Sunday finish. We will re-open in the new year on January 15th.
I don't envy June having to judge this challenge. I'm having enough trouble just keeping up with my commenting, and even more trouble getting my Christmas cards written.
I suppose I had better make a start now I have put the samples in the post to Creative Expressions for the launch of Jane Gill's stamps in the New Year.
Have a great evening.
Happy Crafting and Hugs
Kimx

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kim, loving all your gorgeous Christmas cards. Just about finished all mine...I hope! Happy crafty week and a very merry Christmas, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx