Followers

Monday 19 January 2015

Poppies with Bling

Evening Everyone,
Happy Monday.
I have fulfilled my Grandmotherly duties - collected the Twins from school - so I have spent the evening making a card as requested by one of the Girls from work.
She asked me to make a card for a relative of hers. No restrictions just that she likes red.
I have used one of the pieces that I made when playing with my EBosser and some fabulous Clarity Stencils.
I can't remember exactly what I did, but I know that I was cleaning up the ink from them by running them through the EBosser before I cleaned them under the tap.
It is not quite as barmy as it sounds because it transferred the ink to the cardstock and at the same time embossed the image which gives a fabulous look. I put the two stencils through together so that the dots become part of the pattern.
I coloured the dotty ribbon with the same Distress inks (Fired Brick and Barn Door) and then added a fancy ribbon slider to it.
I added some Gold Gilding Wax to the panel and also the dark red card which I also dry embossed with dots. Also a few tiny black dots and some gold nailheads. The greeting is from Lili of the Valley.
I even did a bit of stenciling on the envelope. Well it did help to clean off the brush that I had used lol.
I hope that she likes it. I guess that I will find out tomorrow lol.
I would like to enter it into the following challenge
Eureka Stamps - The colour red.
I would have tried a few more but my laptop is acting up again.
Every time I decide that I really must catch up with commenting and blog viewing it decides to go on strike.  I really don't know what I do to upset it so :O(
Night night and hugs
Kimx


3 comments:

  1. Hi Kim, thank you for the welcome to the team I am so pleased to have been able to join you all. Kim I have been looking through your posts, including this one, and I am blown away by the awesome creations you have made, it takes me back to the times, before digi images, to when all I did was rubber stamping, now I am on the team I think it is time to resurrect all my beloved old stamps, thank you for the wonderful inspiration
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim, gorgeous card!! The die I use is called Cutie Fringe from Cheery Lynn. I have a tutorial as well, that you can find here :

    http://mylittlecraftthings.blogspot.ca/2014/12/winterfresh-christmas-card-pine-branch.html

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! I'm sure your co-worker loved it. Thank you for sharing with us at Eureka! Stamps challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx