Followers

Thursday 11 December 2014

Countdown to Christmas - Day 11

Hi All
I'm hope that you are reading this without any problems and that I am having a quiet and uneventful day at work after last night celebrations.
I am having to schedule this post as my computer needs to go and see my friend Joe and be given a little TLC before I throw it across the room.
I am struggling with the Internet at the moment as every time I try to do anything I get all sorts of pop ups appear at the side of the page which won't go away. It is also making things run incredibly slowly, so writing this seems to have taken forever.
I'm not even going to try and put in any links as the air will turn blue with very bad language :O)
Still enough of my moaning, here is a card that I made for a class on Embossing folders recently at SirStampalot.
The sentiment panel is a rather old, but very nice, embossing folder which I have coloured using the Metallic Waxes that are supplied by Woodware.
I have used stencil brushes to add the colours to the embossed panel and then 'wiped' a dye based ink pad over the whole thing so that the ink 'hits' the raised areas and highlights them.
I have then heat embossed the entire thing using clear embossing powder.
I love this little hedgehog which is an old Penny Black design which can now be found on a clear stamp set.
The die cut holly is from a Tim Holtz Alterations set of dies which was among my purchases during my stay.
I am really loving these waxes, they are so creamy, and really easy to apply with the stencil brush which saves wasting half the wax up underneath your finger nails as you try to take it out of the pot lol.
I hope that the weather doesn't live up to the sentiment on the card, although they do say that it warms up a little with snow. I'll settle for some rain instead.
Have a great day, and happy crafting.
Hugs Kimx

1 comment:

  1. Wowsers Kim, this is absolutely stunning! What an amazing way to dress up an embossed panel, those waxes are incredible! I love the colours and your foliage is fabulous! Super cute image too! holiday hugs :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx