Followers

Thursday 6 November 2014

Cut it Out at CraftyCardmakers and More


Hello, I'm back again.
I’m afraid that  my blogging skills have been seriously lacking lately.
It took a while to get back into work mode, and then I have been on holiday at SirStampalot, so my laptop has been the last thing that I wanted to play with (apart from as background music), there are too many wonderful goodies in the shop.
So here, better late than never I suppose, is the card that I made for the challenge over at CraftyCardmakers and More.
We have had a truly amazing number of entries so far, over 200, so Leslie really has got her work cut out for her trying to pick a winner.
My card has been made using some new leaf dies that I purchased from the lovely Wendy at Stamps and Memories. They come in two sizes, and of course I just had to have them both!!
The card has been created using a fabulous technique that I found on You Tube.
The tutorial has actually been created by Dina Kowel for Splitcoaststampers which is a truly wonderful place for inspiration.
The sentiment is from one of my favourite Hobby Art stamp sets Birthday Collection.
The leaves have been cut originally from assorted background papers from my stash and then assembled according to the instructions in the tutorial.

Of course there were all sorts of extra plain leaves left over (this will make sense if you look at the tutorial I promise) which are just too nice to throw away so I will have to try and make something out of them.
You know me, always up for a challenge.
Thereare still a couple of days left for our challenge at CraftyCardmakers and More, so lets see if we can get up to 250 entries and give Leslie a real challenge he he.
Sorry Hun, I'm sure you will get your own back on me lol.
Hugs Kimx

1 comment:

  1. Wow Kim, this is fantastic! I love that inlaid die cut idea and you used it so well! Thanks for the YouTube link, I am going to give this technique a go, for sure! I love the subtle autumn tones and patterns on your leaves! Gorgeous!

    PS, there is a little thank you on my blog today to you, for the wonderful birthday card you sent me! Thanks so much for that, you made my day! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx