Followers

Tuesday 14 May 2013

It's a Basic (Grey) Matching Set

Evening Everyone.
What a miserable day it has been, definitely good crafting weather, no excuses to go outside in the wet.
I feel that I have had a very productive couple of days, which is just as well as my new parcel from Barbara has just arrived so I will have to get my thinking cap on.
I even managed to get several Christmas cards made, which I am very pleased about.
The challenge this week at The Friday Mashup has been 'It's a Matching Set'.
Amy, the host,  has devised a little tutorial showing how to create a set of cards out of 4 matching pieces of background paper.
The background on my card tonight has been made following this.
I selected my papers from 3 Basic Grey 6x6 paper pads - Archaic, Matifica (I think that is what it says I need a magnifying glass to read it really!) and Basic Kraft, since the challenge over at Basic Grey Challenges is Mix and Match
I picked one of my Lili of the Valley die cuts, Nesties and Kraft card stock to complete the card.
I added a punched border and one of my lovely new flowers which finally arrived from The Ribbon Girl.
The parcel was delivered on time, just to the wrong address!!! But I have to say that it was well worth the wait as the flowers are gorgeous.
I decided that I would use the other background panels to make a couple more 'Kids Cards' for my stash.
We seem to be starting the round of birthday parties so I am sure that they will come in handy.
I didn't get the chance to finish them all off but I have most of the elements ready as you can see.
Back to the grind tomorrow, so I really ought to get some sleep.
I can see a Granny nap will be in order tomorrow. It's amazing how tired a couple of days off can make you lol.
hugs Kimx

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely image and I really like how you used the papers! Did you add the stitching around the panels? I really like that!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Kim. I would never have dreamed of brown for a girl but it really works well. I must check out that tutorial. See you Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely adorable! Love the vintage look of the papers, and your main image is gorgeous. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card! I love the LOTV image and beautiful coloring. Thanks for joining us at Basic Grey Challenges.
    Mieko xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx