Followers

Tuesday 17 July 2012

Happy Birthday Ciaran xx

Afternoon Everyone
Today is a very special day in our house for two very special little people.
Saskia and Ciaran are 5, where on earth did those years go to!!
Of course I had to make them both a special card, and as Ciaran is the oldest by a whole minute, I will post his first.
This Lili of the Valley die cut is perfect for him, even down to the colour of the hair.
I made the card following the sketch over at Saturday Sketch which I thought was just perfect for our young man.
I found I had an Inkadinkadoo stamp set which had stars on it.
It is actually the trail from a witches broomstick so  I covered the skulls with stars punched from a piece of card that I had covered with Frantage Aged Silver Embossing Enamel.
The background papers are from my stash and I added his name and a die cut 5 which I coloured and embossed to make it match the card.
We actually had a little bit of sunshine this afternoon when I was trying to take pictures so Ciaran is screwing his eyes up a little.
Much better weather than the day he was born when the road was flooded and I had to wade to the school to pick up his big sister lol.
I would also like to enter this into the challenge over at The Squirrel and the Fox where they are looking for cards for Kids and Babies.
I'll be back later with Saskia's card, but we have party food to eat and Happy Birthday to sing.
Hugs Kimx

1 comment:

  1. A super card! I love the idea of stamping your halloween stamp and then covering up the skulls with stars. I'm delighted to see you play along with us at Sketch Saturday this week. Hugs, Lesley

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx