Followers

Sunday 13 March 2011

Happy Birthday Barbara

Hi Guys
Hope you are all having a good weekend. It's been pouring with rain here so its been a good excuse to stay in and craft. I've been finishing off a few Christmas cards using leftover bits and pieces before I knuckle down to the next lot of cards for the TV - eat your heart out Mrs Till lol.
It's Barbara's birthday today and loads of people sent cards into the studio for her.
I thought that I would make something a little different for the show with this picture frame. I'm not sure that it fit the bill though as it didn't get shown. In fact not many of my samples made the grade this time it would seem, but never mind.
The background has been made using the stylus tool which has been heated and then pressed into the wheat stamp from the show. This gives you a negative image which has then been stamped in a symmetrical pattern using pigment inks.
Once I have cut the frame using a nestie I have stamped and embossed the wheat across the bottom.
A fine drawn line and some flowers finish it off.
Of course no frame is complete without a picture so I added one of my son Adam, maybe that's what she didn't like. Anyway I'm having a little breather at the moment before I get on again.
Have a good afternoon.
Love Kimx

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kim
    This is very different but I do like it! Think is such a pity that not many of your samples were shown yesterday. I for one, would love to see them on here! I'm sure I won't be alone in that either.
    Take care
    Hugs
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim

    Watched the show to see your cards, not many on though :( Love this picture frame and of course the photo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you liked the picture Cherry, it is one of my favourites of my handsome young man.
    I will try and post some more pictures of samples over the next couple of days.
    Hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx