Followers

Saturday 2 April 2022

The Countdown Has Begun

Evening,

The countdown to my crafty holiday began in earnest this week. I am finally getting to go to SirStampalot for what is my kind of holiday........................a week of playtime in a craft shop. How much more could you want?

I did think that it might be derailed at the start of last week when Chloe and Becki tested positive for Covid, again!! My holiday was due to start with a few days helping out with the 'Littlies'. Thankfully things have gone according to plan after they all tested negative, and I seem to have escaped it at my house as well where my Grandsons have both now gone down with it.

One of the classes that I taught when I was last at SirStampalot, nearly three years ago, was one called 'Bump and Smudge'. 
Distress oxides are perfect for this technique.
You stamp the image using the oxide ink and then smudge it with a blending tool to give a lovely soft blended background.
As you can see, I rather liked this lovely floral stamp.
I partnered it with various large dies and a Best Wishes stencil.
I added embossing powder to this panel which I didn't like.
So I added some grey ink until I liked the result.
I die cut the word LOVE from the center and used it on another card.
One of my first jobs when I arrive at SirStampalot on Monday will be to organize supplies for the classes that I will be teaching this time.
And of course there will a shopping basket to start as well lol.
For now, it's Movie Night, so we are all watching Mirror, Mirror with a bowl full of popcorn and sweeties.
Happy Weekend.
Hugs Kimx

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kim, sorry I've not been around much. Been busy with family stuff but trying to catch up with your lovely cards. Hope you're keeping well. Hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim hope you're okay. Sorry I've not been around much just family stuff. Loving the card. Hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx