Followers

Sunday 17 September 2017

One Wheel on my Wagon......

Hi All
I hope that you are all well and enjoying the rest of your weekend.
We had a fabulous time at Ally Pally yesterday. Spent far too much money as always. Caught up with loads of people, some of whom I haven't seen for literally years.
It is always a good place to stock up on card and envelopes for my classes, so I take a back pack and my friend Sylvie takes her bag on wheels to put the heavy stuff in.
All went well until we tried to get home from Victoria and we caught one of the wheels as we lifted the bag onto the train.
Of course it fell onto the tracks!! Have you ever tried pushing a heavy trolley with only one wheel on it, not the easiest of things to do.
We managed to get home OK after Sylvie left me with all the bags at Whyteleafe station while she went and got the car. Thank goodness we live so close to the station.
So I am afraid to say that the wheelie bag has been consigned to the bin after years of trusty service.
I will have to treat Sylvie to a new one for next year.
One of the things that I had to do when I was at the show was to hand deliver a couple of birthday cards.
As one of them was for Becki at Hobby Art I thought it only fair to use a couple of their fabulous stamps to create the background for the cards.
The main panel on all three of the cards has been created by stamping onto pale blue/grey cardstock with thin undiluted bleach and the grasses stamp. I make an inkpad for the bleach using a piece of folded kitchen paper and the lid from a  takeaway container.
I gave it a blast of heat to make sure that it was dry and then stamped over the top with a Kaleidacolor ink pad and the same stamp.
Of course you need to make sure that the stamp has been properly cleaned after using the bleach otherwise you will ruin your proper ink pads.
This is not something that I am usually very good at, as the ladies on my classes will tell you.
The sentiment is a favourite of mine, also from Hobby Art, and I have used various pearls, Card Candi and paper lace to embellish the cards.
Off to have some playtime now, and finish off a few bits and pieces for Jane to take on the telly in October.
Have a wonderful crafty day.
Hugs Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx