Followers

Saturday 1 October 2016

Make Christmas Special with Metallic Fx

Morning Everyone,
We have been playing with Dreamweaver Metallic F/x this week at WoodwareWitterings. This is a very high quality Mica powder in a stunning range of colours.
I love Mica Powders, especially at Christmas, and these ones are particularly sparkly. The only problem is that they are very dificult to photograph to show off that 'sparklyness' to full advantage, so you will just have to take my word for it I'm afraid.
This card was actually created for the cover of the latest Christmas edition of the Woodware catalogue.
I stamped and embossed a piece of Mixed Media card with Jane's JGS458 Yew and Holly using Versamrk ink and white embossing powder.
I mixed up a couple of colours of Metallic FX (Moonstone and Pewter) with a little Gum Arabic to create a Watercolour Paint and then used it to create a wash of colour across the stamped images.
I used the paint to colour in the holly and berries to give them a little more definition.
The panel in the centre has been created by die cutting some pieces of card and then embossing them with several layers of powder before stamping into them with the same Yew and Holly stamp.
As usual I created a couple of extra cards with some of the leftover pieces,
or using the same technique.
I hope that you have had a fun week, and that you have managed to add a few more Christmas cards to your stash.
Have a great weekend.
Happy Crafting and Hugs
Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx