Followers

Thursday 24 July 2014

A challenge to 'Die' for

Evening Everyone
Well I know that we shouldn't complain about this glorious weather, but I really am struggling to cope with the heat. Never satisfied are we :O)
I'm always up for a good challenge as you know, and having bought several of the fabulous new dies from Dreamweaver I thought it only right and proper that I made a card for this months challenge.
The central panel has been made from some leftover pieces of Wax Paper Resist die cut using the Nesting Frames.
The Monstera Leaves  have also been cut from leftovers as well as some plain card stock. I also added some smaller punched leaves.
The main cardstock has been embossed using a folder and then distressed with some dye based ink.
I think that this would make a rather nice card for a man, and as I have a lot of male birthdays in August perhaps I had better make a few more of these.
Don't forget to check out what the fabulous Dream Team are getting up to with their Dies this month.
Hugs Kimx

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful card! I never would have thought red for the monstera leaf...but this is smashing!!! Love it Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the die-cut leaves, Kim. Great card for a man, as you say.
    I'm with you regarding the heat - it's really taking it out of me :-( I recently spent a wonderful fortnight in my beloved Sennen Cove in Cornwall where the climate suits me perfectly - sunshine without the humidity & always a cooling sea breeze - sheer heaven! Need to be back there now.....
    all the best,
    Liz M x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving this card Kim it's everything you are known for, gorgeous.
    Happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Kim.
    Gosh the palette is to die for let alone the Challenge.This is a great looking card.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love everything about your card Kim! The dimension on the layered leaves along with the label of leaves really tie everything together. Great choice of colors too...very earthy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx