Followers

Monday 2 July 2018

A New Home with LOTV

Hello Everyone,.
Did you miss me?
Here we go again I hear you say. I keep apologising for my absence, hope to do better and then disappear for weeks at a time. I sound like a broken record!!
Seriously though, where is this year going? It doesn't seem five minutes ago that it was New Years day and now we are already days past the longest day of the year, hurtling towards Christmas once again.
While we are on that subject, one of the numerous reasons behind my absence from Blogland has been the making of said Christmas cards.
I am a very lucky lady because I get to make samples for Creative Expressions using some of the  latest stamp designs from Jane Gill.
There was a particularly tight turn round this time, so coupled with two TV shows to prep samples for, helping my daughter move into her new house, holding down a full time job and trying to get to the gym you will perhaps understand why something had to give.

I have always loved LOTV, I have a rather large collection of them, and was extremely saddened to hear them announce that they would no longer be manufacturing their rubber stamps.
Although I have never been a fan of digi images, they involve technology which you know I am not good with, I have recently purchased some pre-coloured digi images to add to my stash just because they were so darned cute, and I'm a sucker for a bargain.

They definitely came into there own this weekend when a friend came to me on Friday and asked if there was any chance that I could make them a New Home card over the next couple of days.
Now you know that I love stamping and embossing, but nothing beats a fabulous image coloured in by an expert when time is of the essence.
I used several dies and an embossing folder to mirror elements from the image, which makes it perfect for the new challenge that started today over at CCM where we are asking for your creations using two or more punches or dies.
I had great fun making the card, so much so that I decided to make a couple more for my stash.
As I said Becki moved a few weeks ago and so one of these is destined for her mantelpiece.
I hope that I will be forgiven for how late this is given that I have been helping out with the little ones as well.
I noticed that LOTV were actually on Hochanda today with a collection of rubber stamps, so perhaps I wasn't the only one to be upset by them stopping production of rubber stamps.
I hope that you have a good evening. I have failed miserably with the gym just lately as it has been too hot, although I have tried to go out for a walk later in the evening when it has cooled down a bit.
Happy Crafting and hugs,
Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx