Followers

Tuesday 9 December 2014

Countdown to Christmas - Day 9

Hi All,
Hasn't it been cold today? I can see that I am going to have to invest in some warmer underwear given that it is only going to get colder and I have been frozen at work all day!
Now I know that I probably have enough cards made to send this Christmas, but I just couldn't resist the new challenge over at Woodware this week where the Girls are all making cards using 'Inchies' - 1 inch squares on their cards.
As I said yesterday, this lovely Poinsettia has become one of my favourite Christmas stamps this year and so it was a no brainer when it came to choosing a stamp to use for this card.
I stamped and embossed the image several times onto kraft coloured card stock using versamark ink and white embossing powder. I also added some randomly stamped Christmas sentiments.
I have sponged dye based inks over the poinsettias and then painted the central petals with the darker shades of red ink before embossing them using a versamark pen and clear embossing powder.
I have distressed the edges of each square with a pinecone versacolour cube and then added Gold Metallic wax to the edge of the large red background panel. Gold nailheads finish the whole thing off.
Of course I ended up with another smaller panel when I had finished playing so I made it into this card.
It has been created in the same way, just not cut up into small squares. I also decided to add a little glitter glue to the centre of the poinsettias.
I will have to stop putting things off and get on with writing my cards or I will have no need to make any next year cause they will all still be in the drawer.
But I must just send some photos to Dorothy, and then there is dinner to cook, and some washing to do.......you can see where this is going can't you, another night of inaction lol.
Have a great evening,
Hugs
Kimx

2 comments:

  1. These are stunning Kim! I love the colours and I'm completely in love with that poinsettia stamp! The first one is my fav, it looks like a stain glass window in a fancy mansion! Stunning! holiday hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautiful card using this Poinsettia stamp. I love the red and white on the craft card and the sentiment is lovely. Sally D.x.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx