Followers

Wednesday 23 July 2014

'Thanks' for the End of Term

Evening Everyone,
I am really enjoying paper piecing at the moment.
It is such an easy way to make a quick, but stylish card. And the beauty of it is that with careful cutting, you can make more than one card, depending on how many different pieces of background paper you choose to use.
I don't know why is is that the end of term always creeps up on me. I know that I am going to need cards for the Grandchildren to give their teachers, but still I manage to leave it till the last minute. You would have thought that I would have learnt by now.
As well as the standard thank you cards, my eldest Granddaughter Megan wanted a special 'Thank You and Good Luck' card for her Maths teacher who is moving to a new school.
He has helped make maths fun for her, a subject that she previously hated, so I was very happy to make something a little bit special.
I reached for my trusty Huge Thanks stamp from Woodware and an assortment of patterned background papers.
The twins both wanted one of their cards to be pink so these LOTV papers fitted that criteria quite nicely.
I had originally intended to put several different papers together on the same card, but having cut the letters out I changed my mind and went with just two colours per card.
I love this cat die, and having added it to the Good Luck card, I decided that I would add a single cat to each of the other cards.
My eldest Grandson Reece couldn't wait for me to finish making the paper pieced cards, so he picked a card from my box to give to his teacher.
This one was made using a Penny Black flower stamp, bleach and dye based inks. The greeting is by Hobby Art. And yes Shaz that is a gold peel-off border that you see.
Very useful things peel-offs, in the right place.
Off to bed now. It may be school holidays, but some of us still have to be up at the crack of dawn.
If I know anything though, what's the betting that they are all up early now that they don't have to be, where normally they have to be dragged from their beds lol.
Hugs Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx