Followers

Thursday 31 July 2014

Masking for Woodware

Evening Everyone,
Sorry I have been absent for a few days, but to be perfectly honest the heat seems to have got to me and I have fallen asleep almost as soon as I get home.
The evening then seems to go by in a blur and I don't really feel like crafting, let alone blogging.
I didn't feel that I could let the week go by though without entering the latest challenge over at Woodware, where they are looking at Masking.
The background panel for my card has been created using my Creative Palette and some colour box reinkers.
I stamped and embossed one of the leaves from the Stampendous Jumbo Cling Leaves set onto the background and then cut out a couple of masks using the matching Leaf Die Cut set
I placed the mask over the stamped and embossed leaves and then stamped again several times to give a panel of tumbling leaves. Remove the masks and the original images appear to be on top of the rest of the leaves.
I die cut a couple of extra leaves and added them to the card using silicon.
I find it very hard to make a single layer card. There is a fabulous Jumbo PenPattern Leaves set which matches with this die set and I can see that I NEED it as well.
Hope you like the card, and don't forget to check out what the other girls have been up to with masking over at the Woodware Blog.
Hugs Kimx

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kim

    I just love this card. Will have a go at doing something similar.

    See you at Davina's

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim!! Beautiful card - looks so lush and green!! I know what you mean about the heat!! Thanks for the lovely comment you left on my blog. Cxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx