Followers

Friday 13 December 2013

A sketch challenge for Woodware

Evening Everyone
This week at Woodware the Girls have been inspiring us following a sketch, so I felt that it was about time I joined in again.
In fact I actually got a little bit carried away and made two cards.
The first uses Jane's lovely December 25th stamp which works so well with the Wet Watercolour technique and the Pearlex Palettes.
I painted the embossed image using this technique and then cut it out and mounted it onto kraft card.
The panel on the right hand side has been dry embossed using a Dreamweaver stencil, and then with the stencil still in place I added Versamark ink and finally Frantage Embossing powder.
The second card uses the same stamped, embossed and coloured image this time mounted onto blue card stock.
The panel on the left hand side (I rotated the sketch) has been created by adding Versamark ink to an embossing folder before running it through my Cuttlebug.
Once dry embossed I added powdered Pearlex which sticks to the Versamark ink.
For the finishing touch I added some Glossy Accents to the berries.
This has to be one of my favourite of Jane's Christmas designs. I hope she likes what I have done with it.
I would also like to enter this into the challenge at the Friday Mashup where they are asking for you to 

  1. Create a "Winter themed project (Non Christmas)."
  2. Create a project using "Embossing (Dry or Heat). "
  3. Or Mash it Up and create a "Winter Project using Embossing."

Have a great weekend.
hugs Kimx

2 comments:

  1. Kim, great blues for Christmas! Love your mashing with the embossing, too. Your wet water technique is fantastic! Thanks for joining in with the Friday Mashup this week;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry I was sure that I had commented on this on Friday, perhaps it was rude! I love all of these cards, I think that it is great the way that you have mixed and matched the different looks for the backgrounds. Thank you, as always for sharing your wonderful creations!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx