Followers

Monday 21 October 2013

Belated Birthday Wishes Suze

Evening Everyone,
Happy Monday to you all.
Yesterday was the birthday of a fabulously creative lady, the lovely Suze Weinberg.
I had been inspired by Suze in print before I was lucky enough to meet her when I worked at the Craft Barn, many years ago.
At that time the only good crafting magazines were from America and that is where I first encountered an article by Suze on the 'Polished Stone' technique.
Alcohol inks were not readily available in the UK at the time so I played with dye based inks and put my own spin on it to produce backgrounds by the 'Drip, Spritz and Smoosh' method lol.
Drip drops of dye based reinkers onto glossy card stock, spritz with water and smoosh a second piece of glossy card stock over the ink to produce two pieces of fabulous background paper.
They look a bit like ink blots to me but I won't try analysing them.
You have to leave them to dry which is always the hard part, but then you have handmade background papers ready for any eventuality.
With Suze in mind I thought that I would make a card using this ready made piece of background.
The stamp I have used is 4240K Flamboyant by Penny Black (how appropriate when I think of Suze) which I have stamped and embossed in black and then cut out using a nestie.
The background has been created using an Embossalicious folder and white card which is then sponged with pale lilac ink.
Of course there had to be some ribbon, lace and pearls.
I hope that you had a great day Suze, and thanks for all of the inspiration.
hugs Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx