Followers

Friday 4 January 2013

Another 'Painted' Christmas card

Evening Everyone,
I've been at it again, another Christmas card, and just as the radio operator has finally stopped playing Christmas songs lol.
We are back with some good old songs from the 60's to the present day, and some that I am hearing for the very first time. You can't help but sing along, rather quietly and under your breathe, and definitely not when serving a customer :O) It's just a shame that for once there is no presenter so I have no idea who is singing.
While we are on the subject of things from the past I have used a sketch from the archives at Sunday Sketch and Stamp where challenge 137 is Free Choice using a previous sketch.
It is amazing what you can find lurking in that box of Christmas bits. this time it is the lovely Magenta stockings which were stamped and embossed using black versafine and clear embossing powder, and then sponged with ink from the Kaleidacolor Berry Blaze ink pad.
The white patches have been created by painting the image with bleach and then the entire panel has been embossed using Crystal Embossing powder.
Once again I have used a panel of Faux Mother of Pearl background (instructions HERE). So I would like to enter the card into the challenge at Christmas Card Challenges where they are asking you to use paint. Pearl Acrylic paint is used to create the Mother of Pearl background.
I stamped and embossed the main card with some Stampendous Snowflakes and Frantage Shabby White Embossing Enamel and then sponged some more of the Berry Blaze ink around the edges.
The purple panel has also got Snowflakes stamped onto it using a Versamark ink pad.
The white corners are peel-offs.
Oh dear another late night, good job I can have a lie in tomorrow since I am not at work.
Hugs Kimx

4 comments:

  1. My eyes are swimming in a pool of purple bliss Kim! This card is gorgeous and I love every little detail you've included. As for singing under your breath, I say belt it out!! ;)
    Hugs to you and Happiest of New Years.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Kim, that's fabulous - love the vivid colours, and the blended shading across the stockings is lush!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I love this one, my favourite purple, it looks great with the white and magenta :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OHHHH PURPLE! I love purple and green and using non-traditional colors for Christmas is such a clever idea. i love what you did in this one. Thanks for the inspiration. Feel free to stop by when you get a chance as i list down some nice Christmas messages for cards :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx