Followers

Tuesday 29 January 2013

It's a Baby Girl

Evening Everyone
Another card tonight made with a couple of specific challenges in mind.
This time I took my inspiration from the photograph at
Totally Tilda Challenges
and the Sketch at Sunday Sketch and Stamp.
I would also like to enter it into the challenge over at ABC Challenges  where F is for Favourite Tilda Stamp.
The little cutie that I have used on my card certainly has to be one of my favourites, and is definitely the most well used of all my Tilda stamps.
I have stamped and embossed her onto watercolour card and then coloured her using Brushed Corduroy and Victorian Velvet Distress Ink.
The background paper is a double sided sheet from a Lost and Found 'Blush' 6 x 6 pad.
Once again I have used my favourite Martha Stewaert border punch along the bottom of the panel, and added some Faux stitching around the edge.
The heart has been cut from a piece of white card which was first dry embossed using a Cuttlebug folder.
After cutting the heart out using a Nestie, I sponged it with a combination of Brushed Corduroy and Victorian Velvet ink before adding Walnut Stain Distress Ink around the edge.
By allowing the ink to dry before adding the final coating of Walnut Stain around the edge I was able to heat emboss the edge using clear embossing powder.
The greeting is from Lili of the Valley cut out using a circle punch. I added some tiny dots around the edge.
I'm trying to be good with the envelopes, it is a great way of using up the little left over pieces.
Off to bed now, my cold has really kicked in and I am having trouble breathing, time for some medication I think.
hugs Kimx

8 comments:

  1. Great card! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Sketch and Stamp x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute. I love the stitching detail and the heat embossing adds extra interest also! Very eye catching! Thank you for joining us at ABC's Challenge. Good luck and I hope we see more of your lovely work in our next challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really sweet card, thanks for joining in the fun at ABC,

    Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet image and sweet card! Love the baby theme and Love your take on our challenge at Totally Tilda! Good Luck!

    Hugs,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute card. Thanks for joining in at Sunday Sketch & Stamp x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent Kim you got the colours spot on
    Thanks for joining us girls at Totally Tilda
    Hugs Susie Sugar xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi oh I love those papers with your baby Tilda , great take on the photo inspiration thanks for joining us in the Totally Tilda Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kim your card is absolutely gorgeous, so sweet and just perfect for our challenge, love it :)
    Thanks for joining us at Totally Tilda
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx