Followers

Saturday 20 October 2012

Monochromatic Red at Woodware

Evening Everyone,
I'm late to the party again!!
This week the challenge over at Woodware has been Monochromatic - Red.
Although I have been off work for a couple of days now with my Sciatica, I am struggling to stay focused. I'm not used to taking pills and they are making me feel quite woozy, it is also difficult to sit still for any length of time so I am fitting in a bit of crafting when I can.
My card has been made using a wonderful Magenta stamp set CSET21 Snow Much Fun.
I stamped and embossed the main image using Frantage Aged Scarlet Embossing Enamel and then sponged it with Fired Brick Distress ink.
I added an embossed strip to the centre of the card which was also highlighted with Metallic Rub-ons.
The Poinsettia was also coloured using the Fired Brick ink and then embossed with clear embossing powder having first been coloured with a versamark pen.
The greeting is from the same set, and I added a small red nail head to the centre of the flower.
Maybe I will get a chance to make something for the next challenge a little earlier next week given that I am still off work but I make no promises.
I also apologise for not getting around to your blogs lately, as you will understand sitting time is limited and so I have to make the most of my opportunities.
I hope that normal service will be resumed shortly.
Happy Crafting.
hugs Kimx

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous vibrant reds in this - beautiful! And completely agree that crafting needs to come before computing... do hope you feel better soon!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how gorgeous!! What fabulous texture with the embossed background!

    I hope the sciatica gets better soon, it really is nasty. *gentle hugs*

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very lovely card. i am visiting thru a linky on your pal's blog...Asia King.
    This is a gorgeous card...I totally understand how hard it can be sit for awhile to get a great card finished...
    Sadly, I too am limited at the moment and I am just doing quickie card...
    I hope to get on something a bit nicer in the near future!
    Wish you all the best with your health and sitting to create times!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you are feeling better now. The card is lovely, I like red for Christmas well I just like Christmas, the Aged Silver powder, looks like dripping icicles. Thank you for playing with Woodware.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear you are poorly. This card is stunning and totally inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Kim, I love all the embossing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pleased to see you are better and Kim and skipping arund as usual yesterday, a great day out. Susie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another real beauty.

    I should have read your blog backwards, and not started on the first post in then I would have seen it was sciatica you were suffering from. If you can manage to try my tip on the post dated 4th November above here.

    Lin xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx