Followers

Friday 17 February 2012

Merriest Wishes

Evening Everyone,
I have spent a wonderful, afternoon with my Mum who came for an unexpected visit.
It has meant however that I really am panicking over some design work that has to be finished by tomorrow afternoon when I will be teaching. Never mind, I will get it finished Teamies, I promise. 
In the mean time this is a card that I actually finished last week.
Once again it uses pieces from my Christmas bits box, in this case a lovely Hobby Art Poinsettia panel coloured using dye based inks.
I have layered it over a piece of background paper made using the resist technique which I have then coated with clear embossing powder which gives it a shiny finish.
The green background paper is handmade using Starburst stains available from The Stamp Man.
I have added some ribbon, stitching using a fine black pen and a greeting.
The challenge over at Winter Wonderland is to make a Christmas Card, any colour, any style, so I guess that this fits the bill don't you think lol.
Off to bed now so I can get my card finished in the morning. No doubt I shall be dreaming about what to do, or will it be a nightmare!!
hugs Kimx

7 comments:

  1. such a gorgeous creation, thank you so much for joining us this week at the Winter Wonderland with your lovely work
    Hugs Kate xx
    ps I have candy if you are interested :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unusual card - really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure your card will look fabulous Kim I really like the background and I think I have some of those stains in my cupboard somewhere will need to rummage and have a play.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Kim lots of interesting textures :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely festive Christmas card hun! Thanks for playing along with us at Winter Wonderland this week. Hugs Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh what a wonderful creation and such a fabulous Christmas Card, the image is adorable,
    it just perfect for our challenge this week

    thank you so much for Joining us at Winter Wonderland this week, I do hope you will try to join us again next week,

    Have a lovely day,
    Hugs Bridget :0) x
    Winter Wonderland DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this Kim, it is so cheery and I think the layout is great.
    Take care
    Debs x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx