Followers

Saturday 16 July 2011

Masking, Bleach and a Rainbow

Evening Everyone
What bizarre weather we have had today. It certainly hasn't been autumnal as the weather men predicted, although we have had torrential rain as well as that oppressively sticky feel. We also looked out this evening to see the most amazing rainbow. No pot of gold I'm afraid, that's somewhere in Scotland I think along with all those Euro Millions lol.
It stretched across the entire skyline, not well photographed I know but it was the best my poor little camera could do.
Despite the weather we had a day of lovely classes at Lavender Lane. Bleach in the morning and Masking after lunch. The day was all about playing with the techniques so I didn't make any specific cards for the ladies to copy.
I had hoped to have finished one from each class to share with you when I got home but the time got away from me once I had tidied up so I'm afraid the photography is not up to much. David Bailey I'm not.
The first card is from the masking class and is actually based on an idea that I found on the Internet.
I always forget about leaving the Nestie in place after I have cut out the shape and then sponging colour over it to leave that lovely narrow white border.
I masked the flower before I started to sponge and stamp and then coloured the image using the same ink pad. Please note plenty of pearls and bling Mrs Till :)
The second card tonight is actually an original that I have taken from my book on Rubber Stamping.  Both the black and red card has been stamped with bleach and heat set before stamped and embossed images have been added.
I have added a string of small seed beads to compliment the red panel.
I even embellished the envelope, which I always try to do.
Hope you liked them, the ladies all seemed to.
Love and hugs
Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx