Followers

Saturday 28 November 2009

Anything but Christmas!

Have just got back from the Eternal Maker in Chichester. I travelled there with my good friend Corinne Amos. It was actually Corinne who taught me how to stamp all those years ago when Maggie Wright owned the Craft Barn, so it is really her fault that I am a 'Stamping Addict'
We had a superb day, sorted out dates and classes for next year - how scary does that sound - and then were treated to dinner by the lovely owners Sarah and Teresa. Thanks girls for yet another fabulous day. Looking forward to next year.
The class was billed as 'Anything but Christmas!' so we played with sticky embossing powder, pearlex and of course not a Christmas stamp in sight.
I hadn't had the chance to prep any cards for the class - not nearly as bad as it sounds since I tend to teach playing with the technique, rather than copying a specific card.
I managed to get several cards made while I was there which is always much more fun to do in store as it enables you to look around and match up background papers and ribbons and other wonderful things which are then totally current.
The panel on this card uses the Stampendous Agapanthus. Stamp and emboss using versamark and 'sticky embossing powder'. (Several makes available - Stamp and Bond or Heat and Stick) This changes very quickly when heated so do be careful not to over heat or the foil will not stick to the image. Once heated apply purple, gold and blue pearlex powders. A little gold and silver foil has been added, but does not show up well in this photo.
I have torn down the left hand side of the panel and used a corner punch on the right hand corners. Edge with pine cone coloured inkpad.
The main purple card has had panels of background paper added before the stamped image is attached. The finished card has been embellished with buttons, ric-rac ribbon, peel-off dots and a stamped greeting.
I hope you like this taster session. I will post the rest of the cards tomorrow but as it is nearly midnight I think I ought to get some sleep.
Sweet Dreams
Love Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx