Followers

Tuesday 24 September 2019

Inspired by Sue Wilson

Afternoon Everyone,
I told you that I liked leaves and Autumn colours, so here are a few more cards which will hopefully inspire you to join us in our Autumn Colours challenge at CCM.
I found this background technique a few years ago on Sue Wilson's Blog and thankfully bookmarked it on my computer.
I came across my samples a few weeks ago and thought that it would make a good class.
I used Distress Oxide inks to apply colour to my card, which I then covered with pale gold mica powder.
Next I stamped my chosen image with Versamark ink across the background, cleaning the stamp in between each inking.
The versamark lifts the mica off the background leaving a sticky image which you can cover with a darker colour of mica powder.
The final step is to stamp across the background using a dye based ink.
 As you can see I had a great time playing with the technique,
as did 'The Girls'.
It works every bit as well with butterflies, or even snowflakes.
Sue's original was done with a torn paper mask across the centre of the card.
I was less than impressed with my initial effort.........it's a good job card stock has two sides, but this snowflake one isn't too bad I suppose.
I think I'll stick to all over backgrounds though.
No crafting for me today as I have to go back to work again. Never mind everything will still be there to play with another day.
That's the alarm, so I had better get ready to go.
Happy crafting, and have a fabulous evening.
Hugs Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx