Followers

Thursday 29 August 2019

Leafy 'Bump and Smudge'

Hi Again,
One of the newer techniques that I have been playing with recently is 'Bump and Smudge'.
I love the Distress Oxide Inks, and this is the perfect technique to showcase them since it takes advantage of both the dye based and pigment properties of the inkpad, and it is sooooo easy to do.
Basically you 'bump' your stamp against your inkpad to ink it up, and then having stamped it on to plain cardstock you 'smudge' it with a foam tipped blending tool or smoochie.
We had such fun with the technique and have repeated the class several times due to its popularity, so I have several batches of cards that I will share with you over the next few weeks.
This first batch are all very masculine, which is good because I am always short of cards for men.
They all use a fabulous old Penny Black leafy stamp 40-111 Breezy and green/brown Distress Oxides. I created a panel for this card using the leaves and a script background stamp. I finished it off with some twine, tiny black metal dots and a birthday greeting.
The 'Bump and Smudge' technique relies on the dye ink in the oxide to give you the image and the slower drying pigment ink for the smudge, so you need to work on the images one at a time or they will dry out before you can smudge them.
I cut up the panel I created for this card to make two very different cards. Once again I used a favourite Woodware sentiment stamp set and brown Nuvo drops for this square card.
The remaining portion of the panel was used on this card along with a die cut sentiment, some gems and some more stamped leaves.
My final card uses the same leaf stamp and a large text background stamp (I think it is Stampendous) to create my panel. I also splattered this panel with some water to add interest and some lovely oxidised splatters.
This technique would be perfect for a Masterboard (class suggestion Janice :O)?) and I can see me using it a lot more in the future.
Have a great evening.
Happy Crafting and hugs
Kimx

1 comment:

  1. This is a great technique and loving the cards too. Hugs, Angela xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx