Followers

Tuesday 20 August 2019

Butterflies and Poppies

Evening Everyone,
Just recently several of my classes have been inspired by things that I have found on YouTube, my go to place when travelling on the train to my daughter.
One such such find is 'Bump and Smudge', such an easy technique, but so effective. It involves the use of Distress Oxide inks, and has proved a particular favourite with 'The Girls'.
Basically you 'bump' your inked stamp onto your cardstock, and then 'smudge' the image with a blending tool.
You do need to 'smudge' pretty quickly since the technique makes use of both the dye base properties of the Distress Oxides to give you the image, and then the pigment part for the 'smudge'. If you wait too long then the slower drying pigment part will have dried too.
I used a fabulous butterfly panel from Chocolate Baroque for these cards which would have been perfect for the new challenge at CCM where we are looking for Bugs.
I also used this stamp with the Oxide inks
and a damp paintbrush to pull the colour into the image.
This last card also uses the 'Bump and Smudge' technique with my favourite Penny Black Poppies.
The wood panel background paper is from a 12x12 pad that I bought at The Works for £3, amazing value don't you think.
Wow, two blogposts in a row, I might have to go and lie down :O)
Have a great crafty evening.
Hugs Kimx

1 comment:

  1. I have to say Kim I was surprised to see another post so soon Lol! But it's a great technique and an interesting way to soften an image. The ladies are lucky you use the train, a forced rest I think! and time to research some great techniques. Thanks for sharing. |Have a great week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx