Followers

Friday 23 November 2012

Foil and Alcohol Inks for Our Creative Corner

Hi All
Well I did say that I would be back again today, but this is not the card that you were expecting :O)
Another of the challenges that I have been greatly missing is Our Creative Corner  where this week they have been thrilling us with samples of Foil and Alcohol inks.
The main panel on the card is a piece of thin metal foil which I embossed with a floral folder from Crafts Too, and then added Cranberry and Sail Boat Blue Alcohol inks with a little Pearl Mixative added.
Sorry about the shadow in the photograph, I really think I will have to get myself a lighting booth of some kind. Maybe Father Christmas will be good to me, I have been a Good Girl after all lol.
I layered this onto a piece of black glossy card using Silicon so that it would help fill out the embossed areas for posting.
This was then attached to a white card which has been stamped and embossed repeatedly with a lovely Magenta stamp I0386.
The same stamp has been used on the central panel which has also been coloured using Alcohol inks.
I painted the leaves with bleach and then heated them which made them turn a slightly green colour.
The flower has been decoupaged and then Glossy Accents have been added.
The fine metal swirls are the result of trimming the metal sheet on my trimmer, they just seemed too good to throw out, you know what us Crafters are like.
The bright coloured panel that the flower has been mounted onto is also Alchol inks but this time on Glossy Photographic paper. It started to crack when I heat embossed it, hence the floral panel mounted over it.
The final touch is some nice pearls as flower centres.
I think that I am just about in time to enter the challenge, at least I hope so, and then its back to my craft table, I'm on a roll at the moment.
Hugs
Kimx

4 comments:

  1. Great card Kim, i love alcohol inks,. This card was a lot of work - well done you : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and inspirational as always! *thinks I might have some of that foil lying around, but do I have any alcohol inks????*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! You have done a beautiful job with the foil and alcohol inks. Thanks for playing along with us at Our Creative Corner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just amazing. It seriously leaves me speechless! PINNED! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx