Followers

Sunday 8 July 2018

Plenty of Peel-offs

Evening everyone,
I can't believe how hot it still is here.
The lights in my room are a bit like the Blackpool illuminations. Perfect for crafting, but boy do they feel like they chuck out some heat. Not very good in this current climate so I have tried to manage without switching them on today. It is turning into a bit of a challenge now, so it is definitely time to call it a night.
It is getting very close to the end of the school year and with that comes the Teacher Thank you cards.
I made quite a few last year, which I never got around to posting on the blog, so that seems a good place to start.
We had a fabulous class one Saturday which made use of handmade background papers and peel-offs.
So I used up quite a few bits and pieces to create these cards.
Some of the backgrounds use Glimmer Mist sprays and cling film which give a beautiful subtle shimmer,
and others use much brighter background created using glossy card stock and reinkers.
I have used bleach on all of them to paint parts of the main images.
The background to most of the cards has been created by using a large stamped sentiment and pale blue/grey ink.
On this card I added the peel-off direct to the card and coloured the image in using Sparkle pens.
Most of the cards got used up during the year so I will have to make some more for this year, but not tonight cause I can't see what I'm doing lol.
Happy Sunday
Hugs Kimx

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous collection Kim
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the colors you used with your leaves peel-offs; all of those cards are fantastic!
    Living in the States, I can sympathize with the heat issues; the last 2 weeks have been in the 90's with very high humidity. UGH! Fortunately, yesterday and today are much drier and only in the mid-80's. I wish you a cool spell, too, and happy, well-lit crafting. I always enjoy seeing your projects. xox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx