Followers

Monday 18 September 2017

It's Autumn at Crafty Cardmakers

Afternoon Everyone,
It's my turn to host the new challenge over at CCM this fortnight.
Our theme this time round is Autumn, which I have to say is my favourite time of the year.
 
I love the colours and all the falling leaves which I have reflected in my card.
I created a Masterboard background by stamping leaves from Penny Black Foliage Fancy in Versamark ink, and embossing them with gold powder.
I tapped several colours of the new Oxide inks over the stamped and embossed images, and then spritzed with water.
I saw this technique demonstrated on Hochanda recently, but I can't for the life of me remember who it was demonstrated by.
I love the fabulous chalky finish that these inks give. And the colours are just yummy.
 I used a Sue Wilson die to create the fancy frame and then added more fussy cut leaves and a Altenew sentiment. I also added some glossy accents to look like tiny dew drops.
As usual I got a little bit carried away and used up all of the leftovers from my Masterboard background to create several more cards all with the same Autumnal theme.
I used another of the Sue Wilson dies from the same set to create the frame on this card, and a stamped sentiment from my bits box. (It's LOTV I think)
This card uses one of the small trimmings and another fussy cut leaf.
The pieces of dry embossed background are also from my bits box. 
This final card also uses a piece of masterboard with the addition of a stamped and embossed sentiment.
The main card has been stamped and embossed with leaves which have then been sponged with same colours of Oxide Inks.
I used a Crystal Clear Sparkle pen to paint the leaves which has given them a slightly bleached out and sparkly effect.
I hope that you will find the time to join in with our new challenge.
Thank you so much for stopping by, and why not check out what the rest of the team have created to inspire you.
Have a fabulous crafty day.
Hugs Kimx

7 comments:

  1. All gorgeous Kim!!! Love them all. Happy crafty week, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous, Kim! I love the muted-ness of your colors, and how some of the leaves are highlighted with a white. GORGEOUS dies, and beautiful designs. LOVE LOVE LOVE. hugs, de {Creative Smiles}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful leaves and lovely designs.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful and very creative, certainly encompasses the autumnal theme. Love it!
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! I love the masterboard Kim and all of these cards are absolutely stunning!!! Gorgeous Autumn colours! hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful colours. Very nice cards Kim. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the soft, autumn colours and that fabulous die cut. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx