Followers

Friday 18 November 2016

Table Decoration for Christmas

Morning Everyone,
I don't know about you, but I always seem to start the year with grand intentions of being super organised at Christmas, which always ends up being an epic fail.
Maybe this year will be different, you never know. I have kept up with my plan to make a few Christmas cards each month, so that's a start, and now here I am making a table decoration so maybe this is the year lol.
This week at WoodwareWitterings we are making table decorations for Christmas so I  decided that I would make an arrangement to go in the centre of our Christmas table.
I cut a square of thick cardstock (the back page from a paper pad) and covered it with a sheet of black and white stars from Craftwork Cards Noir de Luxe 8x8 pad. After sticking them together I tapped around the edge with a versamark clear ink pad and added Shabby White Frantage Embossing powder.
The holder for the candle has been created using the empty centre of a roll of DDST (I told you I never throw anything away!!) and a strip of gold card which I glued to the base.
I stamped and embossed the poinsettias from JGS360 Poinsettia Corner onto Mixed Media card stock using black versafine ink and then sponged them with dye based inks.
I then added more colour with a waterbrush, being more specific with my colouring.
I fussy cut two of the images and then cut the centre petals only from a third.
The holly leaves were die cut from gold and green card stock using Dreamweaver DL3005 Holly Die.
I added some Platinum glitter glue to the centres of the poinsettias and a little Star Dust glitter glue over everything else.
Of course I ended up with some extra images,
and a bit of 'Mop up background'
so I made a couple of Christmas cards to add to my stash.
I hope that you have been inspired to make a lovely decoration for your Christmas table, or even a couple of Christmas cards.
Happy Crafting and Hugs
Kimx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx