Followers

Monday 1 September 2014

Make an Impression at Crafty Cardmakers

Hi All
It's time for another challenge over at Crafty Cardmakers and More, and this time we are looking for you to 'Make an Impression' using Dry Embossing.
I have to admit that this wasn't a hard challenge for me. In fact the hardest part was deciding on a specific card to share with you, since so many of mine have embossing on them.
In the end I decided on something fairly plain and simple with a fabulous embossed panel down the centre.
I coloured this panel by using my Distress Inks and some Cut'n'Dry foam. This not only  adds colour to the entire panel but it also highlights the embossing on it beautifully.
The circular image is part of a very old, but very lovely Hobby Art stamp whose name and code escape me at the moment. I'm sure that Hobby Art Jenny would be able to sort it out if you were to contact her, she's very good like that.
I stamped and embossed it onto Watercolour card and painted it using the same inks as I used for colouring the embossed panel. Once it was dry I then die cut a circular section from it and mounted this onto the card over a scalloped circle.
The sentiment (or rather part of the whole stamped image) is also from Hobby Art and is such a useful stamp as you can cut it up so that it no longer has to be used just for a birthday.
I do like stamps like this that are multi functional, it makes their purchase seem so much more justified, as if we need an excuse of course.
The final touch were some assorted metallic brads in the centre of some of the embossed flowers.
I hope that you will join us for this challenge. And please don't forget to check out what the rest of the team have come up with HERE.
I think it is a pretty safe bet to say that we all like our dry embossing.
Thanks for stopping by, I do appreciate it, especially as I have been absent for so long. Your comment really do give me a lift if I am struggling.
Thanks again.
Hugs Kimx

5 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful piece of work Kim, nothing plain about it at all I love the blue and the flower stamp is just right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! I really love your colour palette, the blues are so vibrant and rich! Your flowers are beautiful and your wonderful embossed panel gives the card lots of depth! Love it :)

    Hugs from your new Crafty Cardmakers team mate! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Kim,
    Gorgeous card, and yes I agree we all love the effect of dry embossing.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your embossed panel, Kim, what a fabulous colour. A beautiful card. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. loving this card kim, it's beautiful. Maybe we can run a class when you next come up???
    janicexxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx