Followers

Sunday 21 September 2014

Magic Painting for Grown Ups!!

Hi Guys
I really am turning into a rubbish blogger. I don't know where the time goes to, but here I am a week late with my DT post for Hobby Art.
hobby 01
I decided that I would share a card that I made in a recent class using one of my all time favourite stamp sets.
hobby 02
I have created a panel using the Resist Technique. (Stamp image onto Glossy card stock using a Versamark Inkpad, heat set, sponge with Dye Based Ink to reveal your stamped images.) 

Magic Painting for Grown Ups!!
hobby 03
It is possible to use both fine line and detailed images with this technique. It even works really well with words as you can see. Once the panel has been sponged with colour (I used a Kaleidacolor Inkpad for this piece) buff with a piece of kitchen paper to remove any excess ink. I have also stamped and embossed a sentiment into the corner using Onyx Black Versafine and clear embossing powder.
hobby 04
The background card has been dry embossed using a Dotty Embossing folder and then mounted onto a white card base. I'm afraid that the pictures make it all look dark blue, where in fact it is a rather subtle mixture of pinks and purple.

Let’s hope that my next post will be a little more on time, or I may find myself sacked from the team lol.

I'm off to finish a couple more samples for Jenny’s next TV appearance. I've had more lovely new stamps to play with, how lucky am I?
 Hugs and happy stamping Kimx

1 comment:

  1. So beautiful! I love the purples and blues together and the resist technique is so beautiful with the stamps you chose! Stunning! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx