Followers

Wednesday 8 January 2014

A Winter Robin

Hi All
We had a somewhat eventful day at work today with a 3 hour power cut. It has been quite amazing just how many drivers do not know what cones blocking an entrance mean, I'm surprised that there wasn't an accident.
Anyhoo, I seem to be on a bit of a roll at the moment. I've managed to cross yet another item of my extensive and ever growing 'To Do List'.
I was given this beautiful Robin stamp by 'Hobby Art Jenny' at the NEC in November, but this is the first opportunity that I have had to play with it.
The image on this first card was stamped and embossed onto watercolour card and then painted with Adirondack dye based inks.
I cut the image out using a Nestie and then added some Faux Stitching.
The background panel has been dry embossed using a Sizzix folder.
I just kept sponging it with Adirondack inks until I was happy with the colour. I also added some Treasure Gold guilding wax to the edges as well as the green background card.
White Organza ribbon, some die cut holly, glossy accents, and glitter glue to finish.
This second card was also stamped with Vintage Sepia Versafine ink onto watercolour card, but this time it was coloured using watercolour pencils and then die cut using the same Nestie.
I edged the coloured panel with some Faux Stitching and ink while the die was still in place to give an extra border.
The background papers are from my stash, and I added some die cut holly, gems and glossy accents.
Now perhaps I can get something else crossed off my list, but first I must get this ready to post to Jenny.
Better late than never I suppose, but then I know card samples are always useful to her.
Have a good evening, and thanks for stopping by for a visit.
hugs Kimx

2 comments:

  1. Lovely card Kim, Beautiful colouring and your stitching is amazing it looks so real..
    'Happy New Year' too...
    Hugs,
    Marjorie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always find it amazing how changing the background colours on a card make such a difference to the stamped image. I think both of these are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx