Followers

Saturday 16 November 2013

Inspired by Davina

As I expected class today was one long round of playing with the Magic Stamp.
Not a single card was made but I think a good time was had by all.
Here are just a few of the little pieces of Art that were created.
As I said yesterday I had searched through my craft room for anything suitable to use with the Magic Stamp.
Sylvie and I also picked up a few leaves on our way since they always work well.
In fact there is a fabulous Japanese Maple in the front garden at Davina's so we helped out Mother Nature and saved Davina having to sweep up all those leaves.
The central panel on my card was actually inspired by a piece that Davina originally made. You see I always learn something on a class, or pick up an idea or two.
The Magic Stamp was heated and then pressed into the Burlap Fabric Square. 
Once Pigment ink has been applied using a Colorbox Queue a real Maple Leaf was placed on the white cardstock and then the inked Magic Stamp was stamped over the top. Once the maple leaf was removed it left an open space into which I stamped and embossed the sentiment.
The fabulous stamped and embossed leafy panel is a Stampendous stamp which I have coloured using Pigment inks and the Direct to Paper technique.
The single leaf  has been cut from the leafy panel and layered onto some of the threads taken from around the edge of the Burlap fabric square.
Of course there had to be a tag for the Girls to add to their books, and some more bits and pieces to finish off. So you know what I will be up to tomorrow lol.
Hugs Kimx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx