Followers

Sunday 27 January 2013

A Sketch challenge at Inkspirational

Evening Everyone,
I hope that you have had a good weekend.
We seem finally to have seen the last of the snow, and the start of the torrential rain that the weathermen predicted.
It has been perfect weather for Crafting, as if I need an excuse.
I have been catching up on some challenges, now all I have to do is post them all in time lol.
My card tonight has been made to enter into the Sketch challenge at Inkspirational.
I have created the circular background panel for the card using another couple of Jane Gill's new stamp sets JGCL566 English Leaves and JGCL567 Leaf Selection.
I am hoping that the catalogue and stamps will be available very soon.
I stamped the Maple leaf from one of the the sets onto a piece of pearlescent background paper that I had made previously using Starburst Stains. I stamped and embossed using Versamark and clear embossing powder, and then stamped and embossed the image again, overlapping some of the previous images this time using Walnut Stain Distress ink and clear embossing powder.
Finally I stamped again using Walnut Stain Distress Ink without embossing.
Having wiped away any excess ink I stamped the Tree Names randomly over the leaf background using Timber Brown Stazon ink.
The circles were cut out using my Nesties and then mounted onto a piece of blue card that had been stamped with the same Tree Names and Timber Brown Stazon.
The greeting is from another Woodware stamp set called FRCL207 Ribbon Banners.

The gems were coloured using Promarkers and I have even been a very good girl and embellished the envelope.
Better get to bed now, enough play for today as it's back to work tomorrow.
hugs Kimx


10 comments:

  1. What a fabulous effect you've achieved by your skillful stamping. Beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges.
    Marina

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Kim, another beautiful card.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, this is fabulous, I LOVE the inking, so creative and the colours blend perfectly. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my!! This is just so amazing!! Love all the stamping, it looks like a DP! Wow, I'm out of words, I love it!!! Fascinating card <3 Thank you SO much for joining us at Inkspirational this week, hope you join us again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, that leaf panel is amazing, such a great use of the emboss resist technique and lovely colours! Wonderful leafy stamped envelope too!
    Thanks so much for joining our challenge at Inkspirational & I really hope to see you playing along with us again soon! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely love the colours on this...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Kim how beautiful! Your paper design is just gorgeous with those leaves and names. It looks awesome on the blue background. So rich and elegant! Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is just so gorgeous! I love how the leaves turned out. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kim, this is amazing!!! I just love your inky style and these colors are striking! Just fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational! Your support means the world to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Kim this is a striking card! Really love the background of leaves and colours! Looks fantastic. Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational this week. Hope to see you back again. Meighan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx