Followers

Friday 4 February 2011

For my Dad

Hi All
Today would have been my Dad's 88th birthday.
Isn't it funny how you have particular associations with people, I suppose that a lot of it has to do with the time of year their birthday falls.
With my Dad I always think of the clump of snowdrops at the end of the drive.
They nestled in, sheltered by shrubbery and are always a welcome sign that spring is here. They are also, to this day known as 'Dad's Snowdrops', even though he passed away 9 years ago.
It seems strangely appropriate then that one of the cards that I made for Jenny at Hobby Art has 'Dad's Snowdrops' as the central theme.
I know it says Happy Mothers Day, but I think Dad would have had a bit of a laugh about that lol.
The snowdrops have been stamped and embossed onto a piece of handmade background paper made from spritzed glimmer mists and then cut out with nestabilities.
My Mum text me this morning to say that Dad's snowdrops are coming up again. As she put it ' A gentle reminder that he's still around, as if we needed one!'
I bought a lottery ticket for tonight, lets hope he's looking out for me with that :)
Hope you have a good evening. Raise a glass to Dad for me.
Love and hugs
Kimx

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and a fitting reminder of your treasured Dad, lost my Dad too, our memories are wonderful things to cherish xxsue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Kim, I too understand how a flower can evoke such great memories, my Mum and I spent many hours planting hundreds of daffy bulbs in my garden. they always make me smile when I see their heads pop up!! Hugs Elizabeth xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Raising some de-caff as I type! Apparently snowdrops are being stolen as they become rarer. Look after your Dad's!! Charming card Kim.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a message, it is always greatly appreciated. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible if you have a query
Hugs Kimx